- For Producers
- For Companies
- For Insureds
- About Us
- Find a Form
- Find a Document
- Miscellaneous Documents
TAIPA NewsJoin our mailing list to receive updates on rate changes, manual revisions, and other important notices.
- Producers can now recover their own EASi 2.0 passwords. Click here for additional details.
- Notice of TAIPA Annual Membership Meeting April 1, 2016 Bulletin 217 click here
- TAIPA Rate Changes Effective February 1, 2016 Bulletin 214 click here
- Notice of Amendments to TAIPA Plan of Operation Introduction and Sections 6, 7, 15, 22, 23, and 33 Bulletin 212 click here
- Effective August 1, 2015—EASi Mandatory for All Applications Bulletin 211 click here
Purpose of the Association
The Association was created by statute and is subject to regulatory supervision of the Department of Insurance. The purpose of the Association is to make automobile bodily injury and property damage liability insurance required by the Texas Motor Vehicle Safety Responsibility Act available to eligible applicants, subject to the rules of the Association.
The Association has established procedures for the equitable distribution of applications for insurance to be assigned to insurance companies. All insurance companies authorized to write motor vehicle liability policies in the State of Texas must be members of the Association and participate in its operation.
The Association is governed by Chapter 2151, Texas Insurance Code, and its Plan of Operation, which has been approved by the Commissioner of Insurance.