- For Producers
- For Companies
- For Insureds
- About Us
- Find a Form
- Find a Document
- Miscellaneous Documents
TAIPA NewsJoin our mailing list to receive updates on rate changes, manual revisions, and other important notices.
- Notice of Amendments to TAIPA Plan of Operation Sections 9, 14, 25, 35, & 47 Bulletin 221 click here
- Upcoming TAIPA Office Closures:
- Closing at 11:30am on Friday, Dec. 16th
- Closing at noon on Thursday, Dec. 22nd
- Closed all day Friday, Dec. 23rd
- Closed all day Monday, Dec. 26th
- Closing at noon on Friday, Dec. 30th
- Closed all day on Monday, Jan. 2nd
- TAIPA has issued a Request for Proposal for Actuarial Services. If you are interested in bidding, click here for the RFP.
- New TAIPA Rates Effective February 1, 2017 Bulletin 220 click here
- Notice of Nominations and Ballot for Non-Affiliated Representatives Bulletin 219 click here
Purpose of the Association
The Association was created by statute and is subject to regulatory supervision of the Department of Insurance. The purpose of the Association is to make automobile bodily injury and property damage liability insurance required by the Texas Motor Vehicle Safety Responsibility Act available to eligible applicants, subject to the rules of the Association.
The Association has established procedures for the equitable distribution of applications for insurance to be assigned to insurance companies. All insurance companies authorized to write motor vehicle liability policies in the State of Texas must be members of the Association and participate in its operation.
The Association is governed by Chapter 2151, Texas Insurance Code, and its Plan of Operation, which has been approved by the Commissioner of Insurance.